Pages

August 23, 2007

Hello

I can't believe I am finally doing this! I've been wanting to start a blog for a long time so here I go...

This year we will begin homeschooling our boys and I am very excited about it and very thankful to the Lord for this wonderful blessing. Please, pray for us!

I will share more about why we have decided to educate our children at home but for now I want to share this poem taken from the book For the Chidren's Sake that summarizes my prayer for my children...

Come, child.
I respect you, you are a person.
Come with me.
You belong to this planet.
You are to inherit,
You are to understand.
Look. Look, and you will see.
Enjoy this day: the sun, the grass, your friends.
Listen-we will read God's Word.
We are His Sheep, He is our Shepherd.
Grow! Flourish! Be master!
Let us do what we ought.
Let us choose the right!
The bored wake up,
The failures find new spring,
The sinful start again.
Come little child,
I will listen, I will learn too-
Let us enjoy abundant LIFE!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Just stopping by to check out your new blog and say hello! Have a wonderful time blogging...I have been doing it for 2 years now and just love it! I will add you to my list of homeschooling friends to keep in touch with! I'm new to homeschooling and FIAR and look so forward to this next year with my little girl! Your boys are too cute!