Pages

November 10, 2007

Ancient Wisdom

Here's a quote from Pastor James' book Ancient Wisdom that spoke to me a lot this week.


While you can't ever make yourself joyful, you can do a lot of things to reduce your joy. You can plug it, but you can't flow it. Only God can give joy. It's His supernatural gift when you connect with His purposes. Don't wait for joy to come find you on the sidelines. Get on the field, participate in His purposes, and you'll nurture a glad heart in God. -James MacDonald


"All the days of the afflicted are evil, but the cheerful of heart has a continual feast" Proverbs 15:15


This is so true. I am going to memorize this verse and post it where I can see it often. There is so much to be thankful for, there is so much to be glad and celebrate. Very often I choose to let the things of this earth reduce my joy. The Lord is so good to us! So much more than we deserve. And with thanksgiving day approaching I just want to turn my hurt towards gratitude once again and dwell in His perfect joy.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I agree - great verse!!!