Pages

March 20, 2008

Please and Thank You Lapbook

Here are some pictures of our "manners" lapbook. The boys enjoyed this little book called "Please and Thank You" and so I wanted to make a simple project to review what we learned.



Cover: ASL "please" & "thank you" Inside Left: "Strong Words" barbells



Middle: The Golden Rule; Inside view of the center folder
Pig Will & Pig Me Too Folder;
Table Manners "Pizza"



Right: "Honorable Actions" Back: "Pleasant Words" Honeycomb

Medal Book (kindness, sharing, honesty, helper)

I wanted this lapbook to reinforce good manners/behavior but from a biblical perspective. I wanted my little ones to see that the Bible has something to say about our actions and words and that ultimately is not about them being good kids but instead to conduct themselves in a manner that is pleasing to the Lord.

The Bible verses we included are...

Speech: Proverbs 16:24 Diligence: Proverbs 12:24 Honor/Obedience: Proverbs 1:8-9


Some of the templates I took from an online manners lapbook (oooh I can't find the link to the site! I'll post it here when I find it). The rest were some ideas I had after reading the book.

Sorry for some of the shots being out of focus. I couldn't seem to get a good shot that day. You can click on any of the pictures to see a larger view.

3 comments:

Heather said...

So very cute Eli!!! Love all your lapbooks you do so much! ;)

Michelle said...

Thanks so much for your great ideas! I'm "stealing" the honeycomb idea for our home school coop. I'm teaching a 5-6 year old (predominantly BOYS) - Health, Safety & Manners Class. Don't know how you do it all - home schooling and a blog - but GOD BLESS YOUR endeavors. We all need him to "succeed" don't we?

mommyto3duckies said...

Glad to see someone enjoyed the little manners lapbook I put together. It's been a looooong time, but I just stumbled across your blog doing a search for Easter egg last week.

Blessings, Jasmine
treeoflifehs.blogspot.com