Pages

October 20, 2008

Kindergarten Update- Chapter Storybooks

This year we've introduced Caleb to his very first chapter books reading. I am not scheduling or planning these at all, but instead from time to time I am looking at recommendations from other homeschooling or books we come across at the library.

So far we've read...

The Boxcar Children (no. 1) by Gertrude Chandler Warner. For a train lover this book was just perfect. It was difficult to read just one chapter a day!!

Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milne. Caleb enjoyed most of the stories from this classic. Some had too much dialogue for his taste (or attention span) and I found myself skipping through them.

My Father's Dragon by Ruth Stiles Gannett. Caleb LOVED this story. He thought the boy was so smart in dealing with the animals. We read one chapter a day but since they are so short he always begged for me to read more. One morning he came running to me with the book and said "Mom, I figured out the story!!". He picked up the book and sat down to look at all the pictures (until the end) to try to find out who the story ended. ;-)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Great stories!
We read Winnie the Pooh and My Father's Dragon during my son's Kindergarten year too.
Sweet memories!

Blessings,
Shannon