Pages

October 10, 2008

Kindergarten Update- Phonics

If you follow my blog, you probably wonder if all we do here is have fun with school...the answer is YES! :-)
But I just realized that I have not blogged much about Caleb's "real" kindergarten stuff. We do cover math, reading and writing 4-5 days a week. It's just a bit difficult to teach these and take pictures at the same time but we do have a lot of fun learning these things as well.
We usually cover them in the morning, after breakfast while Noah works on his preschool activity bags.
I'm very proud of Caleb and how well he is progressing in the 3R's.
Ok...moving on to the reason for this post....
This year for reading/phonics we are using Reading Made Easy and it truly is easy to use and makes reading easy for kids. I am very much in love with the gentle approach of this program (and for the price as well!).
We've just completed our first "Sight Words Worm" and displayed it in our school room!!
Here's a close up shot. We are going to complete 4 of these during the school year.

One day our worm is going to be veeeeery loooong....

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Heather said...

My first official comment on my new laptop Ely!

That is one awesome worm you have going there!!

We are working on a new worm with my first grader. Actually, I just went with post it notes everywhere. He has to read them if I point to one.

Heather W (FIAR)

Shannon said...

Ely,
Love the sightword worm!
That's an activity we skipped when my oldest was doing RME. I think we'll do it on our next time around.
I enjoyed reading your blog too!

Blessings,
Shannon (from FIAR)

Steve said...

Very cool Ely!!! ;)