From BFIAR we are going to read Prayer for a Child by Rachel Field and Angus Lost by Marjorie Flack (I always find interesting how Angus got tired of the same things and got in some trouble because of it but in the end he is thankful of those same old things...that would be our link for this month). I am not planning to do any extras other than using some of the discussion questions from the manual and enjoy reading them over and over again.
We also going to memorize Psalm 100 together and read selected stories and poems from Children's Book of Virtues by William Bennett
The rest of the month we will re-read Thanksgiving Day related stories. Some of our favorites are:
- One Little, Two Little, Three Little Pilgrims by B.G. Hennessy & Lynne Craval
- The Very First Thanksgiving Day by Rhonda Gowler Greene
- Give Thanks to the Lord: Celebrating Psalm 92 by Karma Wilson
- The Story of the First Thanksgiving by Elaina Raphael
- 1 2 3 Thanksgiving by Lisa W. Nicola
Last year we did LOTS of fun activities for Thanksgiving Day, include a simple and fun lapbook from Hands of a Child.
CLICK HERE to see all the fun we had last year!