Pages

March 10, 2009

Latest Family Update

"Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!"
Psalm 34:8


I was meditating on this Psalm today (read the entire Psalm if you have a chance today) and I can joyfully declare that we have tasted and seen the goodness of our Lord these past few weeks in our home.

My foot has continued to improve. Now all toes are moving a lot and with stronger muscle contractions. Also my ankle has started to respond and I have a little of motion there as well! I've also regained more sensation on the foot. I no longer need a walker, I am getting by with a 4-prone cane just fine and my leg is much stronger and I can bear more weight on it.

In just a few weeks things have improved a lot!! And we are so thankful to the Lord for his faithfulness to us. I will continue on physical therapy only 2 days a week (which will be a relief for our pocket!) but will in addition do exercise everyday at home to strengthen the leg and preserve muscle function of the foot.

I think both Brad and I are so overwhelmed by what the Lord is teaching us through this trial. Hopefully I'll get to blog about all of it but one of the things I've experienced is the importance and power of prayer. The Lord has shown me how much I need to be in prayer and intercession for my life, my kids and my husband. With all the changes in our family, some days are very intense here and God is calling me daily to rely on Him at all times. The truth many days I've failed to so and find myself trying to do things in my own strength. I am not one to blame the devil for every little thing but this has been a spiritual battle and I have been convicted about putting the armor of God first thing in the morning. I am thankful for a God who doesn't give up on me and His Spirit in me that calls me back to total surrender. And the peace that comes from knowing that you have laid it all down before the Lord in prayer and that now the outcome is in His hands is amazing.

I have also seen first hand how as brothers and sisters in Christ we can comfort each other through prayer and God's Word. There has been days when I feel like I can't do this and that's when I get a phone call or text or message on Facebook from a friend asking me how things are going or to let me know they still pray for me every night. Or I get an unexpected package on the mail. Or a word of encouragement through the lecture at BSF. Or a reality check from a podcast I just happen to listen that day. Or someone at the FIAR message boards says they've been thinking about me that day.

With all honestly, the goodness of the Lord in my life and the love of His people for us is what has kept me going through. So thank you so much to all of you who are praying and please continue to pray for us.

It is our prayer (Brad's and I) that through this trial we will become better followers of Jesus...better spouses, better parents (been tested a lot on this one lately!), better servants.

I will have a follow up visit with my neurologist in 2 weeks so I'll update again after that.

2 comments:

Molly said...

I am so glad that you have seen some improvement in your foot and ankle! Continuing to pray for your complete recovery.

Amy said...

I am SO GLAD to hear your wonderful update!!! God is good...all the time!!!!

I am still praying for you!!