Pages

April 28, 2009

A Snowy Day-Inspired Art


"The Snowy Day" by Ezra Jack Keats, provides a wonderful opportunity to teach about watercolors. We tried to make our own pictures using little pieces of tissue paper (different colors) glued together, then a layer of different watercolors brushed on top and another layer on top of drops of water (using a dropper).
The one on the picture was Caleb's favorite work. He titled it "The Colorful Moon". :-) This simple activity kept them very busy for a very long time....which is always a good thing....and we will also try this again...perfect for a rainy or snowy day. :-)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Such beautiful artwork!! My kiddos LOVE to paint too!!

Candace C said...

Hi there, thanks for the comment on my blog. I popped over to yours to say that I could not find you on facebook...I would have thought we were already friends! LOL! But, I guess with church, old friends, FIAR, HSS, names just get overlooked! So, find me: Candace Crabtree, and we can be "friend." hee hee!!

Anyway, your children are BEAUTIFUL. Love those big brown eyes...they are gorgeous. :)