Pages

December 09, 2009

Child-Like/ Stress-Free Christmas Decorations

I love decorating for Christmas but I've decided that for now I really want all our decorations to be "child friendly". Here's some of this year...

Our Christmas tree full of ornaments made by the boys. Look closely and you'll see even the "angel" on top is Noah. A bit of sarcasm there if you know my precious middle child. :) I let the boys put up all the ornaments this year and resisted the temptation to re-arrange them.
This is our advent table. The wagon on the right was made by Caleb as part of Home Depot's Kid's Workshop. I filled it with numbered little gift packets, that the kids are opening one per day till Christmas. We read a verse each day that goes along with each little surprise inside.
In our school room we have a small Christmas tree full of all the ornaments we received from the FIAR Ornament Exchange the past two years. Caleb added cotton balls for snow.
By the little tree I added a very cute plastic nativity set I found at a thrift store a few years ago. The set is missing two wise men but it's proven to be a hit with the boys, especially Sarah, who loves to stand by the table and "kiss" the baby Jesus. : )
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Unsell Family said...

I love your decorations and your tree is beautiful!