Pages

December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas!!

Hope everyone is having a blessed Christmas time.

Christmas time is always hard for me because I'm far from my family and this year we are also far from Brad's family as well. At the same time, one nice thing about being far from family is that our Christmas was very stress free, quiet, relaxing and we truly enjoyed our time together with the kids.

On Christmas Eve we went to our church's candlelight service. The boys love this more and more every year. Afterwards, we made a tent (bedsheets) in our living and let the boys sleep there for the night after opening our stockings by the fireplace.

On Christmas we spent the day at home, enjoying family time. We read the account of Christ's birth from the gospel of Luke, sang some carols together. Opened our last advent calendar bag and prayed together thanking God for the gift of Jesus.

We went out to the local asian neighborhood in Houston (along Bellaire) to get some yummy Vietnamese subs for lunch. In the evening, we had our Christmas feats at home with ham, lobstair tails, cornbread, rice, salad and sweep potatoe pie. Oh, and a birthday cake for Jesus too.

Today we spent the day resting and did some after Christmas shopping at Old Navy and Ikea. Great deals!!!

I love that Brad is able to be home with us. Being in the health care field not always allows him to be off work during holidays but I'm glad he was able to be here this weekend and will be as well next week for new year's.

2 comments:

The Unsell Family said...

We have always lived far from my family and sometimes far from Bryans as well. I know what you mean about it being more simple and stress free but I know how hard it is too. I'm glad you guys were able to enjoy your time together!

Elinette said...

Thanks for your sweeet comment Jen. Yes, it's always hard being away from family during the holidays. I come from a very nostalgic family so that doesn't help too. :-)