Pages

January 27, 2010

FIAR Milestone!!

This post is for the FIAR ladies....

I'm happy to share that we just finished all the volume 1 titles!!

Will try to post some updates on the last few books. All I can say is FIAR rocks! The boys look forward to our lessons every day and the stories are so good. I can't wait to row these titles again with Noah in a couple of years and Sarah will be able to join in the fun as well!

I love when the boys encounter a new book now the first question out of their mouth is: "Is this a Five in a Row book?". ;- )

Looking back at all the units we decided on our favorites....

Ely's: A Pair of Red Clogs
Grandfather's Journey

Caleb's: Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel
Night Of The Moonjellies

Noah's: The Story About Ping
Papa Piccolo

Thought it was interesting both of my favorites where stories from Japan. Caleb's favorites where very "busy" books with lots of actions (fits him perfect!). And Noah's both have main characters that are animals who get into trouble.


We will begin volume 2 and 3 combined next Monday with A New Coat for Anna followed by Owl Moon.

3 comments:

Christi Brown said...

I am very interested in this FIAR concept. I looked it up online. Did you go to the library or buy the books? Is it for comprehension? I am interested to learn more!

The Unsell Family said...

That's awesome Eli!

prashant said...

! She is such a little darling!

Work from home India