Pages

July 23, 2010

Memory Verse Challenge-Update

Back in January, I joined the Revive Our Hearts challenge to memorize one portion of scripture every month. This has been an incredible blessing to my life!
Starting this month, we are going to memorize the entire book of Philippians! It's so neat to see how the Lord works. Last year our church did a study on this book and it was in my heart to memorize it. Back then I just couldn't even get myself to start.
But after 6 months of doing this memory verse challenge, I'm ready!
The end goal IS NOT to fill my head with lots of verses.....but to draw near to God. That's really what matters to me. Just meditating on the same passage over and over again it has been a great discipline.
Along with the challenge I receive a weekly email with encouragement and quotes from different pastors and writers who give tips on scripture memorization.
So....I'm really going to challenge you all! If you've always wanted to memorize a book of the Bible, check out the challenge details here.
And while you are there click on the link to hear the incredible testimony of Janet Pope. She came to our church once in Chicago and beautiful recited the entire book of Ephesians. She is truly inspiring!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a nice idea! My kids are in AWANA and do a fantastic job with memorizing scripture, but I'm not so good with it myself. I like the idea of the challenge.

Stopping by from the Crew to follow you!

Rachel said...

Stopping by on the blog walk. How awesome to work on memorizing a book of the Bible. I used to work on memorizing and haven't been doing it as much lately.

The Closet Therapist said...

Eli-I'm impressed! You are my role model, my friend! Jennifer

cceeyore said...

Stopping through on the blog walk!

April said...

How great that you are memorizing parts of the bible. My boys completed the Billy Graham Dare to be a Daniel program last year. We benefitted so much from the memorization!

Walking the blog walk...

A Peculiar Person said...

I would like to invite you to follow my blog. I would love to get your comments on my posts!

http://alonganarrowway.blogspot.com

God bless!