Pages

July 19, 2010

TOS Crew Review: Travel The World




I'm so excited to share with you all my very first review with The Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Crew!


I was given a free copy of the e-book "Travel The World" for review purpose only. This e-book is from a series of unit studies (or modules) The Old Schoolhouse Store publishes monthly. Each unit is $7.95


You can see the entire collection as well as preview and order your copy of "Travel the World" here.


I can honestly say I LOVE this resource. "Travel the World" can be used as a stand alone geography unit study. It will serve both as an introduction for lower elementary or a review supplement for older grades.


It includes a great text that you can read aloud or older children can read by themselves. Great links, quizzes, games, map activities adaptable for different age groups, coloring pages, lapbook pages and many more printouts make this a complete unit. There's even an a detailed High School expansion section!



The unit introduces many great geography facts for every continent and learning to identify natural landmarks like rivers and mountains. You can easily spend more than one day learning about one continent alone with this resource.


I appreciate that scripture references are included throughout the study to teach children what the Bible has to say about our world and its Creator. Also the coloring pages are educational too! Not just a plain outline of each continent but they contain lots of little drawing of things you can find there. This alone was a great learning tool for Noah (my five year old). The boys also loved the online games.

The format is simple and easy to use. Additional resources pages with tons of extra links are also included. And because of the e-book format you can choose which pages to print. This could be a great help for those who use workboxes at home. You can easily have ready enough resources to fill a geography box for a few months! Just thinking about it makes me wanna go buy some plastic shoeboxes!

I think for all you get the price is right. And I highly recommend this resource.

Disclaimer: This is a complementary product I received with the only purpose of writing a fair and honest review. I will not receive financial compensation for it now or in the future.

10 comments:

Guiding Light said...

Hi! Stopping by with the Crew...checking out fellow crewmates reviews for ideas for the future. Love your post! Have a blessed day!

Sheri said...

What a nice review! SO glad you are on my mini-team and were able to review this nice product. You are right, it is a good one for the workboxes! :0)

Blessings-
FM Sheri

Mrs. Taffy said...

Hi Elinette! Thank you for visiting my blog today! Your blog is adorable and your precious children are beautiful!

Great job on your first review!

much love,
Mrs. Taffy
aka Carissa Blanchard

Our Village is a Little Different said...

Hello from a fellow TOS crew member. I'm spending a little time checking out some of the the other reviews. Great job!

Michelle said...

Hi there! I'm stopping by from the Crew. Your blog is included in this week's Blog Walk.

I'm just curious, looking at your pictures, I wondered if you're Filipinos?

Have a great week!

Denise said...

Love your blog~ and you have such an adorable family!
I enjoyed reading your review.

Pebblekeeper said...

Stopping by on the Blog Walk. What a beautiful family! Clicking the Google Friend Connect to get you in my Google Reader. :)

Lisa said...

Stopping by on the TOS Blogwalk to say hi! I enjoyed beowsing through your blog today. Great job on your review!

Elinette said...

Thank you all for the sweet messages. I'm so excited about this year with the Crew and making new blogger friends.

Cheryl said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! Great job on your review! Your family is precious! I'm a follower!