Pages

October 03, 2010

Tot School -Busy Time with Connect Four


This week I did not do good with keeping the camera with me but one activity Sarah enjoyed was playing with her brother's Connect Four.
One afternoon she kept trying to take the pieces while the boys were playing so after they were done I sat her in the couch with the game to see what she would do.
She filled up one row with the chips and then moved on to the next row...

After that she got creative and dropped them in through different slots. From time to time she would point and call "Mama, see". She was so happy with this activity. Notice how she only used one yellow (I thought that was cute).

She was so busy playing she, of course, had no idea that her little fingers and eyes were getting a good workout. I love her concentrated look on this picture.

After 15 minutes she got tired of playing with the chips so she switched to the box. It was fun to watch her be creative and do a little bit of problem solving all on her own. Our Tot is growing!
For more great Tot School fun don't forget to visit 1+1+1=1
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Giggly Girls said...

I'll have to get that out for my tot.

Ruth said...

What a Great idea! Guess what Abbie Joy will be doing in tot school tomorrow? :)

Ruth said...

What a Great idea! Guess what Abbie Joy will be doing in tot school tomorrow? :)

Kristen said...

I love a good idea for taking an existing toy and making it work in a different way!