Pages

November 04, 2010

Thankful Thursdays- His Promises

Give thanks to Him; bless His name!
For the Lord is good; His steadfast love endures forever
and His faithfulness throughout all generations.
Psalm 100:4



Have you ever stopped to think that of all the main "religions" in the world, Christianity is the only one who truly has reasons to give thanks?


In his book "The Cross of Christ", John Stott quotes W.M. Clow saying....
The great faiths of the Buddhist and the Mohammedan give no place either to the need for the grace of reconciliation. The clearest proof of this the simplest. It lies in the hymns of Christian worship. A Buddhist temple never resounds with a cry of praise. Mohammedan worshipers never sing. Their prayers are, at the highest, prayer of submission and of request. They seldom reach the gladder note of thanksgiving.
They are never jubilant with the songs of the forgiven.
What a joy it is for the believer that WE can always have a reason to praise and give thanks to the Lord Jesus Christ no matter what season of life we find ourselves in!
Psalm 100 says to give thanks and bless the Lord because He is ever loving, faithful and good. As I start our yearly countdown to Thanksgiving Day, I give thanks for God's promises.
Here are just SOME of the many precious and very great promises that are granted to us through Jesus Christ (2 Peter 1:4)
These are just some of my favorites; these have carried me through difficult days and have moved my heart to gratitude. Hope it blessed you too. :)
  • He knows me and I am His- Isaiah 43:1
  • He is always with me- Joshua 1:9
  • He will never leave me- Deuteronomy 31:6
  • He is always good- Romans 8:28
  • He is my strength- Philippians 4:13
  • His power has no limits- Ephesians 3:20
  • He is in control- Proverbs 3:5-6
  • His love never ends and His mercies are always new- Lamentations 3:22
  • He protects me- Isaiah 54:17
  • He gives me victory over sin- 1 Corinthians 10:13
  • He is always watching- Psalm 121:3-4
  • He helps me persevere- 2 Timothy 1:12
  • His discipline will make me more like Him- Hebrews 12:11
  • His blood has covered ALL my sin- Hebrews 9:14
  • His grace is ALL I need- 2 Corinthians 12:9
Thank you Lord for your precious and very great promises granted to us through your son Jesus Christ. Thank you that His power in us gives us ALL we need for life and character.

1 comment:

THE OLD GEEZER said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You :-)

~Ron