Pages

June 18, 2011

Summer School Plans

Next Monday we begin 8 weeks of summer school for the boys. I told the boys we will continue math and spelling since those are two areas we are making so much progress and don't want 3 months to pass by without reviewing them.

Everything else will be THEIR choice! After all, isn't that one of the wonderful benefits of a home education? The students can have a greater input on what they want to learn about.

So here are the boys' choices:

Caleb chose:
*Magnets and electromagnetism
*More Piano (yey!)
*More Spanish (wow, this one really surprised me)
*Nature Walks (my nature lover since age 2)

Noah chose:
*Cooking (my hands-on learner)
*More Art projects (again....hands-on)
*Pirates (2nd time around)

Looks like we are going to have a fun summer learning!

We will also have read-alouds of course. Caleb will read Pilgrim's Progress (the "little" version) for the very first time. And we will be reading Lamplighters books and re-read ALL the Five in A Row books we owned one last time...(for now since Sarah will start her FIAR journey soon) before we begin in the fall our new curriculum I will announce soon!

I love homeschooling!

3 comments:

Gazco Gas Fire said...

I would like to say thank for sharing this great article.

push up bh said...

very nice blog. They are maintaining this nicely. I am so impressed by this

partytent said...

very nice blog. They are maintaining this nicely. I am so impressed by this