March 29, 2011
March 28, 2011
March 27, 2011
March 23, 2011
Some of the many fun booklets we made.
March 21, 2011
Thank you, Marcy!
She is the super homeschool mom who gave me the award and you can read about her homeschooling adventures with her son Ben over at Ben and Me.
In order to receive the awards I must....
#1 Thank the person who gave it to me and link back to her blog. (check)
#2 Share 7 things about me. (just 7?....I'll try to keep it short)
#3 Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers (you gotta pass the love, right?)
#4 Contact them and tell them about the award.
My Life on a Taffy Pull
What can we say?....we keep her quite busy. But now that sister has returned to a normal nap schedule and the big brothers enjoy having a reading quite time...blogging is back!!!
For now....here's us being silly..... :)
March 20, 2011
- Teacher/parent friendly format and instructions
- Beautiful illustration and images that engage the children
- Fun learning starting points that integrate ALL subjects
- Great to use with multiple students and ages (K-4th grade)
- Ready to download and print right after purchase
- All the research work is done for you. The unit has an extensive list of activites, book lists, recipes, links to the internet for information pages, videos, etc. that are age appropiate.
- Two formats to record and asses your child's learning: lapbook components you can add to a folder or notebook pages.
- Learning is so much fun with these units!!!
Day 1: What is a Kite?
Day 2: The History of Kite
Day 3: Kite People and Places
Day 4: Science Secrets of Kites
Day 5: Goodies and Gadgets of Kites
Here are some sample pages from our notebooks (trying to fix the crooked ones!). The sample pages show the parts of a kite, types of kites, kite design challenge (there was a daily challenge and the boys looked forward to it every time!), copywork for the Bible and biography page (we studied various famous people who used kites in their experiments).
To read what other members of the DNG Review Team thought about Kite Capers, check out the blog tour over at DNG's Blog.